PRESS AND MEDIA
What people are saying about us.
And information for our community and the media.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
All podcast interviews are with Founder and CEO, Monica Kang
Interview with Padron Marketing on career transformations, and creativity in the workplace. (June 2017)
Interview with KiKi L'Italien on the Association Chat about creativity and the transitions in life (May 2017)
- Interview with Sheena on self-confidence and creativity at Tao of Self Confidence (March 2017)
- Interview with Melanie Spring on why creativity is key and not fluffy at Adventures in Branding (March 2017)
- Interview with Natasha on DC entrepreneurship and creativity at Founders Next Door (January 2017)
- Talk with Tara Padua on how to build an innovative workplace on NextFem Podcast (January 2017)
- Discussing what diverse creativity means with Kevin at Cracking Creativity (Fall 2016)
- Talk with Neetal on creative social entrepreneurship on Innov8social Podcast (Fall 2016)
- Talk with Dhanya about how to use creativity from burnout at Greater Than Podcast (Summer 2016)
Interested to have Monica in your next Podcast?
All speakings are with Founder and CEO, Monica Kang.
- Spoke and facilitated at NextGen in WBENC's 20th Anniversary in Las Vegas. (June 2017)
- Spoke and did a workshop at CPSI Conference on how to be creative at work when you have no time in Buffalo, NY (June, 2017)
- Presented the work at WeConnect as one of the 9 finalist presenters in Las Vegas. (June 2017)
- Spoke as a guest speaker to a design thinking MBA class at Maryland University (7/2017)
- Spoke as the "Mentor of the Day" at the The Practice Pop-Up DC event (6/2017)
- Spoke at the Next Big Movement Talk to discuss about entrepreneurship and humility (5/2017)
- Spoke as one of the female founder panelist at Beacon DC at #InnoMAYtion Hackathon. (5/2017)
- Facilitated a creative community workshop for Harvard W3D at a Night At the Gallery. (5/2017)
- Advised and judged as a creative educator and entrepreneur at Dolphin Tank. (5/2017)
- Spoke about creative leadership and entrepreneurship at Georgetown University. (4/2017)
- Presented on creative leadership as part of spring leadership training. (4/2017)
- Spoke as one of the panelist at the 2nd Annual "Brunch Fit for Queen" in celebration of Women's History Month with The Lead Girl Foundation, Inc. (4/2017)
- Hosted a creative leadership workshop at Johns Hopkins University's "Women's Leadership Conference Remarkable : The Art of Reinvention." (3/2017)
- Presented InnovatorsBox and creative leadership for the Technology Industry Group (3/2017)
- Spoke as one of the guest speaker at private SCORE Board meeting. (2/2017)
- Speaker for a private lunch & learn event about creativity at workplace at Urban Institute (2/2017)
- Special speaker at an Innovation Business Class at Pepperdine University to share insights as a creative educator with students in undergraduate (11/2016 and 2/2017)
- Speaker at Booz Allen Hamilton's annual 2017 Ideas Festival to do SPARK workshops on creativity (1/2017)
- Panelist at Mentor Method and Femma & Fortune's "Focus + Happy Hour" to share how to manage time and hustle as an entrepreneur to aspiring young female professionals. (1/2017)
- Panelist at the She Started It documentary screening at Hera Hub DC to share insights, challenges and opportunities as a female entrepreneur in DC. (1/2017)
- Panelist at the Humble VC's Inclusive Economics and Innovation Panel to discuss about the power of authentic community development in entrepreneurship as a minority business owner - Humble VC. (10/2016)
- Guest speaker at Rotary Club Fed City to discuss the power of creative leadership (9/2016)
Interested to have InnovatorsBox speak at your next event?
FEATURES, PUBLICATIONS, & MENTIONS | 2017
Monica's story, "Monica Kang: A Passionate Community Builder", was featured in "The 30 Most Creative CEOs To Watch" by Insights Success. (June 2017)
Monica's story was published in #innoMAYtion, Mayor Bowser's month long initiative showcasing how ideas from local entrepreneurs and innovators are making the District a global model for inclusive innovation.
Our Founder Monica Kang interviewed with Startup Savant on entrepreneurship and creative community development.
Founder and CEO, Monica Kang was featured on: Asian Pacific American Month: 5 Top Asian Women CEOs and Entrepreneurs, by Impact Consulting. (May 2017)
- Monica was one of the local entrepreneur mentors at the Startup Gauntlet event and provided 1:1 mentorship to aspiring entrepreneurs (July 11, 2017)
- Monica's story was featured in Asian Pacific American Month: 5 Top Asian Women CEOs and Entrepreneursin Impact Consulting. (May 16, 2017)
- SPARK Cards, InnovatorsBox's creative card game, was featured in Women Owned, along with the Company profile and a thoughtful quote from CEO Monica Kang. (May 5, 2017)
- Featured as one of the Young Innovators at WeWork in April. Read our story here.
- Quoted for tips on how to start your new job at Brit and Co. (April, 2017).
- Monica Kang's journey, from working in a dream career and still feeling stuck to founding InnovatorsBox and being a creative educator, was featured in This is DC Stories. (April, 2017)
- Monica was one of the 50 selected leaders to participate in American Express Leadership Academy Alumni Summit to continue leadership training in NY. (April, 2017)
- Monica was one of the 26 selected WeDC Ambassador to represent DC at SXSW 2017. InnovatorsBox showcased our work at WeDC House and welcomed the SXSW community at the WeDC CXO Party. (March, 2017)
- Sponsored at SheRocksEvent in support of female founder entrepreneurship development in DC. (March, 2017).
- Sponsored at CreateAthon in support of local creative entrepreneurship development in DC. (March, 2017).
- Participated as one of the innovative women owned business at USPTO's Women Owned Business Expo as part of Women National History Month in Arlington, VA.
- Highlighted as Project 500 entrepreneurs on the Venture DC website. (March to April, 2017)
- Interview with Danielle at Elegant Entrepreneur as one of the Friday Female Founders.
- Interview with The Asian Entrepreneur magazine about our work and insight as a minority business owner.
- Featured for our insights on better team communication process at Real Time Board.
- Photographed at WeDC House at SXSW Kickoff event by Washington Life Magazine.
- Founder Monica Kang is selected as one of the 26 #WeDC Ambassadors to represent DC at SXSW 2017.
- Featured as #WeDC Ambassador to represent DC Tech at SXSW 2017 on Technical.ly DC.
- Founder Monica Kang featured as an innovator to look out for in The Bridge newsletter that bridges SF & DC.
- Foundered highlighted for being one of the rising minority millennial entrepreneurs at McPhersonBerry.
- Mentioned and quote by Classy.org in the "8 Nonprofit Podcasts You Need on Your Radar".
- Interview with LeaderStories on how Founder Monica formed the company, what challenges she faced and why she is determined to not stop society from professionals tapping into their creativity.
- Creative Jump, our creative leadership bootcamp was featured at Technical.ly DC as a program empowering professionals.
- Interview with Renewal Project on how creativity plays a critical role in authentic community development.
- Featured for our insights on what are the top trends and predictions for small business owners in 2017 at Business News Daily.
- Shared insights on how to build creative habits in 2017 for new year resolutions with Renewal Project.
FEATURES, PUBLICATIONS, & MENTIONS | 2016
- Technical.ly DC shares our journey redefining creativity. (Oct 2016)
- Reflection and insights from the Ashoka Emerging Young Entrepreneurs‘ NYC Bootcamp. (Oct. 2016)
- Interview with StoryExchange on why creative thinking is key and how Monica started the business from nothing to something. (Aug, 2017)
- Technical.ly DC reported on our Beyond The Box speaker series to redefine people's perception on creativity in five industries. (July 2016)
- Interview with BillionSuccess on entrepreneurship and creative thinking (July, 2016)
- Featured as one of the innovative businesses contributing to America’s innovative makers’ growth on the White House Fact Sheet on Nations of Makers. (June, 2016)
- Featured as one of the SCORE American Small Business Championship winners tackling creativity as an American small business
- Featured at Grin News about our work helping leaders be more creative and how that works (Apr, 2016)
- Interview with 100 Stories Worth Telling that celebrates female entrepreneurship and their real journeys
- Interview with Startup Capital about our upcoming creative leadership bootcamp for professionals in greater DC, Creative Jump
- Shared strategic insights on how to unplug and recharge during your busy schedule as an entrepreneur with Technical.ly DC.
- Our creative card game SPARK is featured as one of the card games for education and creativity on Deckaholic.
- Shared insights on how to make better professional goals and habits in 2017 with The Network Journal. (Dec, 2016)
- Monica mentored to help aspiring entrepreneurs at Startup Weekend DC in Fall 2016.
ARTICLES & WRITINGS
+Where to find InnovatorsBox next
- 7/16-29 - Mentoring at Nuclear Innovation Bootcamp: by UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering department (Berkeley, CA)
- 7/27-28 - Mentoring at NextGen (Washington, DC)
- 7/26-29 - Speaking at NBCC Silver Anniversary Conference (Washington, DC)
- 9/7 - Keynote Speaker at the The Power Conference (Bethesda, MD)
- 10/12 - Speaking at the Day of Innovation (Indianapolis, IN)
- 10/20 - Speaking at the Millenial Week 2017 (Washington, D.C.)
- 10/22 - 26 Attending NMSDC Conference (Detroit, MI)
- 11/4-5 - Creative Jump - RSVP coming in September.