What people are saying about us and information for our community and the media.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
SPEAKING & FACILITATION ENGAGEMENTS (2018)
9/27/2018 | Panel Speaker at WeDC Fest: Design Thinking and Social Innovation (Washington, DC)
9/25/2018 | Participating as one of the Top 100 MBE in the Awards Ceremony (Oxon Hill, MD)
8/16/2018 | Speaking at the SocialFeen Cafe by Novel City Chamber of Innovation (Kansas City, MO)
8/14/2018 | Speaking at the 2018 NGLCC Int'l Business & Leadership Conference (Philadelphia, PA)
7/17/2018 | Speaking at Grant Thornton LLC on millennial generation (VA)
- 7/16 | Speaking at the Advisory Board on diversity and inclusion series (Washington, DC)
- 7/12-14 | Speaking at the Nehemiah Weekend DMV 2018 (Leesburg, VA)
- 6/6-8 | Speaking at the Inventure$ 2018 (Calgary, Canada)
- 6/3-5 | Speaking at the 2018 NA Women's Leadership Conference by Prime Global (San Diego, CA)
- 5/29 | Speaking at the "Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month celebration" by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (Bethesda, MD)
- 5/16-17 | Speaker at the 9th Asian Leadership Conference (Seoul, Korea)
- 5/26 | Speaker at the Women Empower Expo, 2018 (Washington, DC)
- 4/18-20 | Speaker at the 2018 Nonprofit Talent and Culture Summit (Washington, DC)
- 4/16-17 | Speaker at the AmEx Leadership Academy Global Alumni Summit (New York, NY)
- 4/12 | Speaker at the "Let's talk about failure" event by Mehron Price (Washington, DC)
- 4/11-13 | Speaker at the Cengage CCE 2018: VIP Event (Charleston, SC)
- 4/11-12 | Speaker at the International Students Career Services Roundtable (College Park, MD)
- 4/6 | Speaker at the Washington Leadership Academy (Washington, DC)
- 3/23 | Speaking at JHU Women Biz Conference (Washington, DC)
- 3/07 | Panel Speaker at the Pathways to #HerBusiness by Empowered Women Int'l (Arlington, VA)
- 2/18 - Speaking at the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) (Chevy Chase, MD)
- 2/16 - 15-Min Summit Preview for the Nonprofit Talent & Culture Summit (FB Live)
- 2/10 - Keynote speaker at WESTEM 2018 hosted by University of Illinois (Champaign, IL)
- 1/20 - Mentor at the Mentorship Roadshow, a morning of connections and learning to build your business (Washington, DC).
- 1/18 - Speaker at the Fire Dash Media's event "Breaking through the Creative Barrier" (New York, NY)
- 10/14-17 | Speaking and participating at the 2018 NMSDC Supplier Diversity Conference (Austin, TX)
- 10/16 | Speaking at the Fannie Mae's COO Inclusion Innovation Forum (Washington, DC)
- 10/18 | Speaking at the CEED Global Conference 2018 (Tunis, Tunisia)
- 10/25 | Keynote Speaker at the Q Commons: The Power of We (Leesburg, VA)
- 11/5 | Roundtable talk on creativity at Asia Society (New York, NY)
- 11/8 | Keynote Speaker at 2018 Ericsson Supplier Diversity Matchmaker Event (Plano, TX)
SPEAKING & FACILITATION ENGAGEMENTS (2016-2017)
All speakings are with Founder and CEO, Monica Kang.
11/14 - Speaker at the Webinar with GovLoop on "Make your Mentorship Matter".
11/13-15 - Speaker at the Public Good App House Festival of the Americas, centered around the topics of Sustainable Development, and mobilization efforts to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change.
Session #4 on "Making an impact on Diversity and Inclusion in tech", and
Session #8 on "The Power of Authentic Cross Collaboration in Unexpected Places"
- 11/14 - Speaker at the GovLoop Training, 'Make your mentorship matter', by NextGen and Young Government Leaders. (Washington, DC)
- 11/10-12 - Organizer of the Global Startup Weekend 2017 at Gallaudet University. (Washington, DC)
- 11/01 - Speaker at the Women's Business Consortium by NAWBO Greater DC (Fairfax, VA)
- 10/30 - Featured speaker at the Access to Capital for D.C. Innovators event by The Aspen Institute.
- 10/27-28 - Facilitator at the 2017 DC Climathon, hosted by George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- 10/18 - Moderated "Breaking the glass", a Diversity in Tech networking event by Computer Futures. (Washington, DC)
- 10/19 - Event Facilitation & MC in an invite-only partner facilitation event with Gensler (Washington, DC)
- 10/12 - Spoke at the Day of Innovation, 2017 Conference on the topic of "Unlocking Daily Creativity Regardless of Your Job Title" as a Breakout Speaker. (Indianapolis, IN)
- 10/05 - Spoke on Creative Thinking as a virtual guest speaker for a course on Creativity & Innovation at Pepperdine University (Washington, DC)
- 9/27 - Participated in 'Harness your creative power - free Online Summit'.
- 9/21 - Spoke at SEED SPOT and StartingBloc's evening on social impact.
- 9/14 - Spoke on Diversity in Tech with Lucy Foundation during DC Startup Week.
- 9/14 - Guest speaker at GWU's Entrepreneurship Class - evening (DC)
- 9/07 - Opening keynote speaker (morning session), and led a 1-Hour Creativity Workshop (afternoon session) at The Power Conference (North Bethesda, MD)
- 9/5 - Keynote speaker at Atlas Corps Fellows graduation ceremony (Washington, DC)
- 8/1 - Spoke at Innovation MBA class at Pepperdine University as a guest speaker (online).
- 07/26-29 - Spoke at NBCC Silver Anniversary Conference (Washington, DC)
- Spoke and facilitated at NextGen in WBENC's 20th Anniversary (Las Vegas | June 2017)
- Spoke and did a workshop at CPSI Conference on how to be creative at work when you have no time (Buffalo, NY | June, 2017)
- Presented the work at WeConnect as one of the 9 finalist presenters (Las Vegas | June 2017)
- Mentored at NextGen Government training summit (Washington, DC | July, 2017)
- Mentored at Nuclear Innovation Bootcamp: by UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering dept. (Berkeley, CA | July, 2017)
- Spoke as a guest speaker to a design thinking MBA class at Maryland University (July, 2017)
- Spoke as the "Mentor of the Day" at the The Practice Pop-Up DC event (June, 2017)
- Spoke at the Next Big Movement Talk to discuss about entrepreneurship and humility (May, 2017)
- Spoke as one of the female founder panelist at Beacon DC at #InnoMAYtion Hackathon. (May, 2017)
- Facilitated a creative community workshop for Harvard W3D at a Night At the Gallery. (May, 2017)
- Advised and judged as a creative educator and entrepreneur at Dolphin Tank. (May, 2017)
- Spoke about creative leadership and entrepreneurship at Georgetown University. (April, 2017)
- Presented on creative leadership as part of spring leadership training. (April, 2017)
- Spoke as one of the panelist at the 2nd Annual "Brunch Fit for Queen" in celebration of Women's History Month with The Lead Girl Foundation, Inc. (April, 2017)
- Hosted a creative leadership workshop at Johns Hopkins University's "Women's Leadership Conference Remarkable : The Art of Reinvention." (March, 2017)
- Presented InnovatorsBox and creative leadership for the Technology Industry Group (March, 2017)
- Spoke as one of the guest speaker at private SCORE Board meeting. (February, 2017)
- Speaker for a private lunch & learn event about creativity at workplace at Urban Institute (February, 2017)
- Special speaker at an Innovation Business Class at Pepperdine University to share insights as a creative educator with students in undergraduate (Nov., 2016 and Feb., 2017)
- Speaker at Booz Allen Hamilton's annual 2017 Ideas Festival to do SPARK workshops on creativity (January, 2017)
- Panelist at Mentor Method and Femma & Fortune's "Focus + Happy Hour" to share how to manage time and hustle as an entrepreneur to aspiring young female professionals. (January, 2017)
- Panelist at the She Started It documentary screening at Hera Hub DC to share insights, challenges and opportunities as a female entrepreneur in DC. (January, 2017)
- Panelist at the Humble VC's Inclusive Economics and Innovation Panel to discuss about the power of authentic community development in entrepreneurship as a minority business owner - Humble VC. (October, 2016)
- Guest speaker at Rotary Club Fed City to discuss the power of creative leadership (September, 2016)
Interested to have InnovatorsBox speak at your next event?
PODCASTS & INTERVIEWS
All podcast interviews are with Founder and CEO, Monica Kang
9/25 | Author Q&A on Rethink Creativity with Publish Your Purpose Press (Facebook LIVE)
9/24/2018 | DC Entrepreneur Podcast with George Mocharko
8/5/2018 | People My Dog Would Like Podcast with Lizzie Mettam
8/2 (2:00-2:30 pm CDT) | Live Chat with Novel City Chamber of Innovation (Facebook LIVE)
7/26/2018 | The Business Blast Podcast, with Tyler Wagner
- Jan 1, 2018 | Interview with Company Roots on "Empowering Professionals & The Workforce Culture With Creativity"
- 2/16 | 15-Min Summit Preview for the Nonprofit Talent & Culture Summit (FB Live)
- Aug 25, 2017 | Interview with WeConnect International on 'the value of certification, belonging to WEConnect International, and attending WEConnect's International Day'.
- Oct 2017 | Interview with PCDN Network about 'finding the why' on the Social Change Career Podcast
- Oct 2017 | Interview with Next Year Now Podcast with Tom Heffner
- Oct 2017 | Interview on The Online Creative Summit 2017 with Gunhild Lorenzen
- Sept, 2017 | Interview with My MC Media at Power Conference in Bethesda (Sept 2017)
- Sept, 2017 | Interview with DC Tech Stories on how we're all creatives and innovators.
- June, 2017 | Interview with Padron Marketing on career transformations and creativity in the workplace.
- May 30, 2017 | Interview with KiKi L'Italien on the Association Chat about creativity and transitions in life .
- March, 2017 | Interview with Sheena on self-confidence and creativity at Tao of Self Confidence
- March, 2017 | Interview with Melanie Spring on why creativity is key and not fluffy at Adventures in Branding
- January, 2017 | Interview with Natasha on DC entrepreneurship and creativity at Founders Next Door (January 2017)
- January, 2017 | Talk with Tara Padua on how to build an innovative workplace on NextFem Podcast
- Fall, 2016 | Discussing what diverse creativity means with Kevin at Cracking Creativity (Fall 2016)
- Fall, 2016 | Talk with Neetal on creative social entrepreneurship on Innov8social Podcast
- Summer, 2016 | Talk with Dhanya about how to use creativity from burnout at Greater Than Podcast
Interesting in having Monica on the next episode of your podcast?
FEATURES, PUBLICATIONS, & MENTIONS | 2017
Monica's story and the work she does at InnovatorsBox® was featured by WDCEP in its article "10 Women in Business You Need to Know" as one of the ten women owned businesses in DC. (Dec, 2017)
Article by GovLoop in reflection of the webinar conducted with Monica Kang on "Making the Mentorship Matter". You can rewatch the Webinar here. (Nov 14, 2017)
Article 'Unlocking daily creativity' on Memphis Daily News by Michael Graber reflecting on the Day of Innovation session led by Monica Kang in Indianapolis, IN. (Oct 17, 2017)
Article by YouInc on 'Connection Between Creative Mindsets And Company Success', featuring the work of Monica Kang.
InnovatorsBox® was mentioned in its winner announcement for being selected as top 50 in 50 On Fire by DC Inno. (Sep 2017)
- Monica's story, "Monica Kang: A Passionate Community Builder", was featured in "The 30 Most Creative CEOs To Watch" by Insights Success. (June 2017)
- Monica's story was published in #innoMAYtion, Mayor Bowser's month long initiative showcasing how ideas from local entrepreneurs and innovators are making the District a global model for inclusive innovation.
- Our Founder Monica Kang interviewed with Startup Savant on entrepreneurship and creative community development.
- Monica was one of the local entrepreneur mentors at the Startup Gauntlet event and provided 1:1 mentorship to aspiring entrepreneurs (July 11, 2017)
- Monica's story was featured in Asian Pacific American Month: 5 Top Asian Women CEOs and Entrepreneurs in Impact Consulting. (May 16, 2017)
- SPARK Cards, InnovatorsBox's creative card game, was featured in Women Owned, along with the Company profile and a thoughtful quote from CEO Monica Kang. (May 5, 2017)
- Featured as one of the Young Innovators at WeWork in April. Read our story here.
- Quoted for tips on how to start your new job at Brit and Co. (April, 2017).
- Monica Kang's journey, from working in a dream career and still feeling stuck to founding InnovatorsBox and being a creative educator, was featured in This is DC Stories. (April, 2017)
- Monica was one of the 50 selected leaders to participate in American Express Leadership Academy Alumni Summit to continue leadership training in NY. (April, 2017)
- Monica was one of the 26 selected WeDC Ambassador to represent DC at SXSW 2017. InnovatorsBox showcased our work at WeDC House and welcomed the SXSW community at the WeDC CXO Party. (March, 2017)
- Sponsored at SheRocksEvent in support of female founder entrepreneurship development in DC. (March, 2017).
- Sponsored at CreateAthon in support of local creative entrepreneurship development in DC. (March, 2017).
- Participated as one of the innovative women owned business at USPTO's Women Owned Business Expo as part of Women National History Month in Arlington, VA.
- Highlighted as Project 500 entrepreneurs on the Venture DC website. (March to April, 2017)
- Interview with Danielle at Elegant Entrepreneur as one of the Friday Female Founders.
- Interview with The Asian Entrepreneur magazine about our work and insight as a minority business owner.
- Featured for our insights on better team communication process at Real Time Board.
- Photographed at WeDC House at SXSW Kickoff event by Washington Life Magazine.
- Founder Monica Kang is selected as one of the 26 #WeDC Ambassadors to represent DC at SXSW 2017.
- Featured as #WeDC Ambassador to represent DC Tech at SXSW 2017 on Technical.ly DC.
- Founder Monica Kang featured as an innovator to look out for in The Bridge newsletter that bridges SF & DC.
- Foundered highlighted for being one of the rising minority millennial entrepreneurs at McPhersonBerry.
- Mentioned and quote by Classy.org in the "8 Nonprofit Podcasts You Need on Your Radar".
- Interview with LeaderStories on how Monica formed the company, what challenges she faced, and why she is determined to help professionals tapp into their creativity.
- Creative Jump, our creative leadership bootcamp was featured at Technical.ly DC as a program empowering professionals.
- Interview with Renewal Project on how creativity plays a critical role in authentic community development.
- Featured for our insights on what the top trends and predictions for small business owners in 2017 at Business News Daily.
- Shared insights on how to build creative habits in 2017 for new year resolutions with Renewal Project.
FEATURES, PUBLICATIONS, & MENTIONS | 2016
- Technical.ly DC shares our journey redefining creativity. (Oct 2016)
- Reflection and insights from the Ashoka Emerging Young Entrepreneurs‘ NYC Bootcamp. (Oct. 2016)
- Interview with StoryExchange on why creative thinking is key and how Monica started the business from nothing to something. (Aug, 2017)
- Technical.ly DC reported on our Beyond The Box speaker series to redefine people's perception on creativity in five industries. (July 2016)
- Interview with BillionSuccess on entrepreneurship and creative thinking (July, 2016)
- Featured as one of the innovative businesses contributing to America’s innovative makers’ growth on the White House Fact Sheet on Nations of Makers. (June, 2016)
- Featured as one of the SCORE American Small Business Championship winners tackling creativity as an American small business
- Featured at Grin News for our work helping leaders be more creative. (Apr, 2016)
- Interview with 100 Stories Worth Telling that celebrates female entrepreneurship and their real journeys
- Interview with Startup Capital about our upcoming creative leadership bootcamp for professionals in greater DC, Creative Jump
- Shared strategic insights on how to unplug and recharge during your busy schedule as an entrepreneur with Technical.ly DC.
- Our creative card game SPARK is featured as one of the card games for education and creativity on Deckaholic.
- Shared insights on how to make better professional goals and habits in 2017 with The Network Journal. (Dec, 2016)
- Monica mentored to help aspiring entrepreneurs at Startup Weekend DC in Fall 2016.
ARTICLES & WRITINGS
8/29/2018 | Recent article in Entrepreneur Magazine, ‘If You Want More Lasting Creativity on Your Team, You Need to Rethink Your Approach’, by Monica Kang
6/28/2018 | Recent article in Entrepreneur Magazine, ‘Why Diversity on Stage Really Matters and What You Can Do About It’ by Monica Kang
10/2017 | Article on National Association of Women in Real Estate Business (NAWRB)'s International Magazine (Volume 6, Issue 3 - Pg 22), on "The truth about the creative drive" by Monica Kang.
9/6/2017 | Article on LinkedIN Pulse on ‘The real problem with your employee engagement & talent management Is not what you think it is’, by Monica kang
5/14/2017 | Article on LinkedIN Pulse on ‘Measure the Wrong Thing and get the wrong results’ by Monica kang
- How to practice creativity when you don't have time for it on Thrive Global.
- How to network with intention and result. My strategies for the new year shared on WeWork Creator.
- Breaking down diversity and inclusion on LinkedIN Pulse
- Rethinking networking and why building relationships is key on LinkedIn Blog
- Why I am going out of my way to debunk creativity on LinkedIn Blog
- Rethinking creativity as a social entrepreneur and how to build that mindset on DC+Acumen
Founder Monica Kang's video interview with LeaderStories on her passion & journey in building InnovatorsBox.
Monica Kang speaking at the Public Good App House: Festival of the Americas about "Rethinking Collaborations: The Power of Authentic Cross Collaboration in Unexpected Places". (11/14/17)
Take a look inside our Beyond The Box speaker series (2017) with a variety of innovators.
Capturing our creative leadership bootcamp program Creative Jump.
A panel of entrepreneurs, including Founder Monica Kang, describe their specific challenges in accessing capital for their local-serving businesses in D.C.
Where to find InnovatorsBox next..
Rethink Creativity Book Launch Tour:
10/10 | Boston, MA. RSVP here.
10/14-17 | Speaking and participating at the 2018 NMSDC Supplier Diversity Conference (Austin, TX)
10/18 | Speaking at the CEED Global Conference 2018 (Tunis, Tunisia)
10/25 | Keynote Speaker at the Q Commons: The Power of We (Leesburg, VA)
11/8 | Keynote Speaker at 2018 Ericsson Supplier Diversity Matchmaker Event (Plano, TX)